This article is relevant for ABBYY Lingvo for Mac version 1.0.3.
The following error message appears during activation:
Failed to access the activation server. Please check your Internet connection and try again or contact the technical support service (email@example.com).
This message appears if the program can't connect to our server. We recommen you to do the following:
1. Make sure that your internet connection is working. Check if you can view websites.
2. Check if any applications on your computer are preventing ABBYY Lingvo for Mac from accessing the internet. If antivirus software and firewalls, such as Little Snitch, are installed on your computer, you may have to add ABBYY Lingvo for Mac to their list of trusted applications so that it can connect to the activation server.
3. If you're using a password protected proxy server:
- Go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced and open the Proxies tab.
- Select the Proxy server requires password option in the HTTP section of the tab and click OK.
- Launch the application and enter the serial number in the dialog that appears.
- A window with fields for the login and password to your proxy server will appear. Once you've provided the correct login and password, ABBYY Lingvo for Mac should be activated successfully.