To move the License Server for ABBYY Lingvo x3/x5/x6, do the following:
- Create a new administrative installation on a new server as described in the System Administrator's Guide.
- Start the License Manager, add the licenses and activate them.
- If the License Manager is installed on other computers, follow the steps described in the following Article (points 3-4).
- For concurrent licenses:
- Uninstall ABBYY Lingvo on one of the workstations and install it again.
- A <COMPUTER NAME>.ABBYY.LicServer file, where <COMPUTER NAME> is the value of the NetworkServerName parameter, will be created during the installation. Copy this file to the other workstations.
This file is located in the following folder:
- %programdata%\ABBYY\Lingvo\<version number>\Licenses in Windows Vista and later Windows operating systems.
- %allusersprofile%\Application Data\ABBYY\Lingvo\<version number>\Licenses in Windows XP and earlier Windows operating systems.
- For per seat licenses:
If per seat licensing is used, the workstations function independently from the License Server, so re-installing ABBYY Lingvo on these workstations is not necessary.
The License Manager will display the Free status for all of the licenses though. To get their actual status, select each license in the License Manager and click the Recover button. All licenses that have been used before will get the Free* or Free* (previously activated on WorkstationName) status.
Reserve all earlier activated licenses for workstations where the program is installed (information transfer from the old License Manager can only be performed manually).